Sunday, November 21, 2010

Just another day, Just another miracle

So, I had to share this one....

As I mentioned yesterday, I rented a car for a day but then returned it and was given a company car to use for the remainder of the week free of charge. If this was not a miracle enough, God did even more. When I returned my car after less than 24 hours of having it, I was given a receipt. I glanced at it and asked the clerk, "so this is what I owe? $169?" He glanced over and mumbled, "guess so," and off I went without another thought. Last night, as I was reflecting on my day, I got to thinking, "That was awfully expensive for one day..." So I checked the receipt. I was surprised to find that it said -$169 but there was no total on the receipt. So I called the company. I explained what had happened and the clerk told me where to find the total. When I told her there was no total, she promptly looked it up in the system. She was baffled. There was no total.

"Did you have bad customer service?" she asked me.
"No," I replied, "in fact, he gave me a free upgrade...."
"I'm showing here that you got a free car..."

Turns out, in order to give me the free upgrade, the guy credited my bill the upgrade amount times 11 days... the amount of time I was supposed to have the car. I asked the lady what I needed to do to fix the problem and she replied that she could fix it on the spot, but quite honestly didnt want to. She spoke with her manager who agreed. They kept the bill the way it was... free. All-in-all, three complete strangers, knowing nothing of my current situation, blessed me in a way they will never even realize. It was just another day and just another miracle that touched my heart and blessed my life. Thanks, God.

No comments: