Thursday, August 2, 2012

Scrapbooking and Yummies

Tonight was a fun girls night.  I hosted a Heritage Makers digital scrapbooking party!  It was so much fun learning about something that I am already passionate about- memory saving.  So fun.  Anyways, I also had fun making the spread of snacks for the event which were a huge hit.  So I thought I would share these pinterest treasures.

Cake Batter Fruit Dip

Great on Fruit and Cookies and tastes like Cold Stone Ice cream!  Would also make good cream for sandwiching cookies if you make it thicker with more cake mix.  PS~ This is only a small portion that was left over... forgot to take a pre-party pic of it...

Mix together
  • 8oz container of light Cool Whip (thawed)
  • 8oz bar of light cream cheese (softened)
  • 1/3 cup (or more if desired) box cake mix (I used Yellow, but I've seen others use red velvet or funfetti.)
  • A container of sprinkles [reserving a few more for the top]
See original recipe HERE

Brownie and Fruit Kabobs

ok, so this was a spin on a July 4th idea that excluded the grapes.  Pretty self explanatory...
  • Brownies cut in squares (works best if chilled)
  • Marshmallows
  • Strawberries
  • Grapes
  • Blueberries
  • And of course, Kabob sticks 
See original recipe HERE.

No comments: