Saturday, August 4, 2012

Pintentional Home

I think a lot of people would agree that Pinterest is a great way to waste time and procrastinate, but it is also a valuable resource. This last week, I have spent my time organizing our new home with the help of Pinterest. It has been fun to try out so many of the cool ideas I have seen on-line. Here are just a few of the things I have been working on.  

Projects:

The inspiration for my bathroom... I needed hooks and found this awesome mirror for above the tub!

With stainless steel fridges somehow not being magnetic (blows my mind), I needed a new solution to hang things in the kitchen.  Planning to fill in with more cork later. 

Room by room checklist; laminated so you can wipe eras.  Find it HERE.
I love my expedite.  Probably my favorite piece of furniture.  This time I used it as a bookshelf in the sitting room. I used this site as inspiration:  7 ways to display books
I also laminated this cool daily to-do.  Find it HERE.
In the Laundry room

For some reason there are no shelves in my laundry cabinets so I used a tension rod.  Also note the Jar for checking pockets.  :)


Homemade Reusable Clorox wipes to replace the pricy ones.  Recipe HERE.  Keep an eye on Dawn concentration- use less if highly concentrated!

Our Prayer Board.  It's a place for all the photos of loved ones to pray for. 
Ticket Frame for the upstairs theater/man cave

Mason Jars:

Match Jar complete with sand paper top.  Note:  only works with strike anywhere matches.
Salt Jar and Caramels (just because I like them)
Pick-a-date jar.  These ideas are color coded by cost (Free, cheap, and expensive).  Taken from many different sites of date ideas. 
Sewing Jar

For the Love of Binders:

Ok, so these are not pinterest... This is just from my own love of organization.

All past college courses organized with syllabi and tests for easy access

All our love notes in one place.  Makes it fun to look back too.

Business Cards all organized!

Boxes!


Everything has a place.
Game Box in the living room
In the works is Office closet organization... all the boxes are there, just need to hang some shelves. 


So that's what I've been up to the last couple weeks.  Can you tell I like Pinterest?  LOL

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So happy to have found your blog! Lot's of great ideas! I just found you while searching and you seem like someone I would enjoy. Check out my blog if you like, although, it is new, so fairly small. Cheers