Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Virginia Vacation

Ronnie and I took a trip out to Harrisonburg, Virginia for my cousin, Gerta's wedding.  It was basically a big family reunion as my Grandma came up from Panama, my uncle from Minnesota, and my cousin from New York plus my whole family.  We had a great time celebrating Gerta and Chris and celebrating family in general.  That side of the family is a little spread out around the... um, continent... so getting everyone or even most everyone together in the same place at the same time is a big deal.  We had fun hanging out in our condos at Massanutten together, shopping, and just being general tourists.  We visited the presidential monuments in DC, the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum, Luray Caverns, and Monticello.  We also got a kick out of the wildlife around Massanutten.  The deer and woodchucks had NO fear of us so we had fun feeding them anything we could find.  Don't judge.  ;)

Not-so-wild wildlife



A Woodchuck... or a groundhog

A scenic drive

My sweet grandma

Luray Caverns


hardcore.
Before our tubing trip


A day in DC


The Stars of the show; Gerta and Chris!

No comments: