Thursday, August 29, 2013

Tortellini Pasta Salad

I couldn't wait to post this after making it tonight.  We are having a birthday pitch-in at work tomorrow and I needed an appetizer that was easy and could be refrigerated.  I decided it was the perfect opportunity to try something from Pinterest [of course].  I've been wanting to try this new rendition of pasta salad for a while now.  It has tortellini, cherry tomatoes, pepperoni, basil, and fresh mozzarella.  It turned out SO GOOD.  I'm SUPER excited to take it in tomorrow.

The original recipe can be found here by "Dream Home Cooking Girl."  I made a couple changes.  First, I was making it for a large group so instead of using all tortellini, I used a box of colored spiral noodles as well.  I figured it would make it a little less rich and add some more color.  Second, my little basil plant that has done so well all summer while I didn't need it, is now pretty sorry looking so I used dried basil to taste.  Really, I didn't do a lot of measuring; just kinda eyeballed it.  All-in-all, it was very easy and VERY yummy.  


  • Cook tortellini and spiral noodles in separate pots following package directions 
    • (I used a normal box of noodles and two 8 oz packages of tortellini.)
  • Once done, drain and rinse with cold water
  • Add in:
    • about a cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
    • 3/4 cup of pepperoni cut in to small pieces
    • 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
    • about 3/4 cup Ceasar dressing
    • basil, salt, and pepper to taste (Original recipe calls for 3/4 cup copped fresh basil)
  • Gently stir and refrigerate


No comments: