Saturday, March 10, 2012

A week of yuck

This last week has been the worst. After not feeling well for over a week, I finally came down with a fever at the same time as Ronnie started having symptoms. He went to the ER a couple times at the end of last week and I went in on Saturday. Though I went in for a fever and stomach stuff, I felt relatively fine. However, I was admitted for having an incredibly high heart rate that wouldn't go down even with fluids. I stayed until Sunday and on both Monday and Tuesday, Ronnie was back in the ER. We got the news on Monday that my lab results came back positive for salmonella poisoning, so we discontinued our previous meds and started taking Cipro. My fever immediately improved and, though tired and a bit weak, I started to improve. Ronnie however was throwing up nonstop and couldn't keep either the antibiotic or pain meds down, let alone food and water. After a full week of throwing up, he finally started to feel a little better after his Tuesday ER trip. They gave him some antibiotics and nausea medication via IV which seemed to jump-start the healing process. We are both on the upswing now with only a couple symptoms remaining. The goal this weekend has been to take it easy and finally start eating again. We dont know where we picked up the Salmonella but the type D that we have is most commonly found in raw eggs (which we haven't cooked with here in a while). Thank you all so much for your prayers during our awful week. We know that God is the healer and will never give us more than we can handle.

No comments: