Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Hunger Games

I think it's the first time I have ever gone to a movie on opening day. Ronnie took me out on a date last night to see The Hunger Games. I've read the books and think they are not only action packed and hard to put down, but they make me think (more posts on that later, I'm sure). I was excited to see how the makers of the movie would incorporate the vast amounts of history and background info from the book into a movie without a full time narrator. But they did a great job. The movie was exciting and thrilling, the actors were fantastic, and the story line was quite true to the book. Of course there were little variations and side stories that were cut out most likely for the sake of time; after all, the book covered many months and many characters. It's not just a love story and not just an action thriller either. Something about "the girl on fire and the boy with the bread" is just mesmerizing. You cant help but root for them! I highly recommend this movie, especially if you liked the books.

No comments: