Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spontaneous Vacation

Ronnie and I decided quite last minute that we needed a get-a-way. Our Easter travel plans had fallen through and life has been quite hectic, so we decided to hit the beach for an early weekend/Easter trip. Of course, Ronnie HAD to take his new Suzuki Samurai down. The ride down was quite warm and bumpy and I decided right away that I don't care too much for the little car, but Ronnie seems overly excited about it, so I just go with it. I'm pretty sure Mia agrees with me.
Anyways, we stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed taking Mia for walks on the beach. The weather was perfect and the water was nice and warm. Mia seemed to get over her fear of the water just enough to chase the waves up and down the beach every now and then.

We also took a nice little picnic out to Padre Island and did a little bit of 4-wheeling with the little sammi. It was a lot of fun and again PERFECT weather. Ronnie then took me to tour the USS Lexington. I will admit that the ship was larger than life, but I learned right away that Navy life is not for me... I had more than a few near claustrophobic moments while touring the inside.

All-in-all, the spontaneous trip proved to be just what we needed to rest and distress. Plus, we managed to get our fist tans of the season!

No comments: