Friday, December 23, 2011

The Saddest Day of My Life Thus Far

Today was PawPaw's funeral. It has been a hard couple days, but Grandma has been holding up really well. I think she likes having so many people to talk to her and occupy her. She has always been a social butterfly. The service today was beautiful. It was fun to hear so many stories about PawPaw: playing basketball with neighbor kids, hearing about his high school days, learning the fun trivia facts he told everyone else... He was a fun guy. I liked how Pastor Brad summed it up.
PawPaw was: a Collector; a man of Character; Compassionate; Cool-Calm-Collected; a Connoisseur of Trivia, Science, and sci-fi; Competitive, Captured by God.

I will always miss my PawPaw, but know that one day I will see him again in heaven.

No comments: