Saturday, December 17, 2011

"I'll have a blue Christmas without you"

I've already posted this on facebook but I thought I would say it here as well. My grandpa, Ray Meyers, had a massive brain hemorrhage this morning. He fell out of bed this morning and said that his left side was numb. My grandma called 911 and he was rushed to the hospital. He is now unresponsive as bleeding had moved to both sides of his brain and is causing a lot of pressure. Breathing tubes are keeping him alive for now, but he is not expected to make it. Though this is a horribly difficult and unexpected trauma for all of us, we know that he is spiritually ready and pray only that God's will would be done and that he would not suffer. Please keep my grandma and family in your prayers as we all travel to Ft. Wayne, Indiana to be together.

*Pray for Grandma to have strength for today and for the days to come
*For my Aunt Lynn to get over her cold so she can join the family soon
*For my mom, Aunt Lynn, and Uncle Rick with their tough decisions in the next couple hours and days
*For my sisters Shelby and Cori to finish up their finals without distraction and for Shelby's safe travels home from school
*For Ronnie and I to work out our travel plans with emergency leave and flights
*For post-Christmas plans to be rearranged with ease

No comments: