Thursday, July 28, 2011

Book Review: The Shack

Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a big reader. It takes me a lot of time to finish a book and it has to be REALLY good for me to get into it.

Well, I found a book that met my requirements: It was thrilling and captivating as well as educational. The Shack, by William Young gave me a new understanding of God and the trinity through the story of a man named Mack who, after the brutal murder of his daughter Missy, encounters God in a shack at a time in his life when he needs answers. Mack's experience is magical yet so down to earth. The descriptions of God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are mesmerizing and their answers to some of life's basic questions like forgiveness, joy, and relationship are eye opening. Through the journey, Mack is able to heal from the tragedy and learn to again find happiness and love in a God he only thought he knew.

I finished this book in under a week and highly recommend it to anyone looking for an interesting read or who is searching to better understand God and improve their relationship with him. I wish I could buy this book for everyone I know and convince them to read it. So please, pick up a copy. Read it with an open heart and be prepared for some surprises.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristyn, I am in total agreement about this book. I loved it and it taught me so much about forgiveness. your review of this book was written with such professionalism, you should consider writing reviews for a living!! Love you!