Thursday, April 29, 2010

22 people short of a unit

The end has finally come. In a way I feel more than ready for it.... ready for classes to be over and for all those ridiculous tests to end. But at the same time, it seems too soon.

I never thought this day would come. I never thought I would be saying goodbye to all these friends. I never thought I would be saying goodbye to IWU. But I am. I have completed 22 of my 25 residents' checkouts and the hall is no longer decorated and full of life. It is rather lonely. While it feels peaceful for a while, it quickly turns to a sad, empty feeling. I move out in just a few days, never to return again as a student. I hope that the friends I have made here will always be as dear as they are now and I pray that the lessons I have learned here transcend time.

I love Indiana Wesleyan University and all the people who have touched my life in this place.

No comments: