Sunday, December 20, 2009

Family Matters

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss


forgive me for a second... i have a lot going in my head... and im sorry for the parts that come out with my science classes attached to them (anatomy specifically).

Family has been on my mind lately and has caused me to question what is a family, who is my family, and how do i know? I have been so blessed to have such an amazing family that loves me and cares for me no matter what. But I have seen them also love others with that same family love. I have come to realize that for some, it is not the blood that makes you related, but the relationship.

The bottom line...

Families come in all shapes and sizes. just because you are blood does not mean you are family. A family is a small-scale replica of the body of Christ. it is made up of all different parts and all different functions. No part outwieghs the other in value, opinion, or conviction. Each part relies on the others and CARES ABOUT THE OTHERS. But how can you care about others if you do not love them? and how can you love others unless you have Christ's love? I have to ask then, if you do not CARE for others... their well being, lives, dreams, needs.... how can you love them or the God that created them? If you... in your bitterness, unforgiveness, apathy, or ignorance... CHOOSE not to show love to another in word, thought, and deed, you are not family. You have disconnected yourself from the body. You force the body to restructure itself in such a way as to nourish all parts even if it means bypassing the most effective route. Take heed, a single cell cannot survive alone. we are designed to be a family. we are designed to love.

No comments: