Friday, July 11, 2008

IWU Registration

Yesterday, my mom and dad took me to IWU for my college registration. The whole day went very well. We were able to experience several aspects of college life including the GINORMOUS cafeteria and Evans dooms. The student building was simply amazing. It has a long hallway called the "Mall Way." It is set up to look like you are walking through the streets of Italy! How awesome is that (I have always wanted to go to Italy!). The Mall Way is filled with small stores, gathering areas, Cafés, Computers, an art gallery, and more. It was really cool. After and early breakfast, we went to the into in the Phillippe Theater before I started testing. I was SO nervouse about testing! They said some tests take 10 Min. and others almost an hour....it just depends on which one you get. My math test was only 12 min. long! When my score said 57, I about freaked out! I found out later that that was a good grade though.... not a percent. I also tested out of 4 levels of Spanish! After walking through all the booths in the Mall Way, I talked to my Administrator and got my schedule all set up (and my student ID made).

Major: Medical Technology (and Pre-Physical Therapy)
Classes the semester: 
General Statistics
Principles of Biology
General Chemistry
Biology Lab
Freshman's Leadership Class
plus 3 chapels a week

sounds very "mathematical" to me.... but I like math better than English any day. Hope it's not too hard!!!  

Several Other exciting things happened that Evening.  I was able to buy all [way too many] of my school books and Mom and Dad decided to use my student discount to buy a little mac book!  It came with a free printer and ipod touch too!  Feeling Jetson?!?!  I'm feeling a bit overloaded with technology, especially since we just hooked up our new wireless internet today too.  Yikes!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you Kristyn in your transition to school. I know God has amazing plans for you. You have been such an encouragement to me when I am at school, and I look forward to helping you in your journey :)I love you Kristyn and your going to do great:)