Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Saying Goodbye

Saying goodbye is an awful feeling, even when you know you are going to see the person "eventually". Last Thursday was a really hard day; one I was not fully prepared for. On wednesday afternoon, I packed up a few things and loaded them into the car with all of Ronnie's possessions and headed for Indianapolis. I had planned to skip classes on Thursday and had worked hard to get ahead so as not to suffer at all. In the midst of it all, denial was at the back of my mind. The night zipped by and what seemed like only moments later I was hugging him as he walked into his hotel for the night. I cried so hard.

Jeanne and the girls went with me to Ft. Harrison early Thursday morning. We sat with Ronnie as he finished up all the last details. I bit my tongue to keep from crying before the "right" time. And it came. Far too quickly I might add. Before I knew what was happening, I was hugging him for the last time, cheeks wet with tears, and wishing him the best. Now my soldier is gone. He is in Fort Benning, Georgia at U.S. Army Boot Camp. I miss him. So much.

No comments: